Thursday 4 September 2008

How to make Torta di Mele - Italian Apple Cake





Torta di Mele is an Italian Apple Cake and is featured on our Rome Cookery Holiday. Many people see Apple desserts as quintessentially English yet this Italian Apple cake is sure to tantalise your taste buds!





Our cooking school in Rome is located about 30 minutes outside the city centre. If you have any queries regarding our Cookery Course in Rome, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us, or you can also order our 2008 Brochure online.



Ingredients





200g 00 Flour


200g Sugar


3 Eggs


1 Glass of Peanut Oil


1 Glass of Whole Milk


1 Dose of Yeast


1 Dose of Vanillina


4 Apples


Instructions


Peel the apples and cut into thin slices
Using a round baking pan, grease it with butter and flour
Plase the apple slices on the bottom or the pan and around the sides
Mix the flour with the yeast and vanillina
Break the eggs and begin mixing
Add the oil slowly as you keep mixing
Then add the sugar, the flour and finally the milk
Pour the mixture into the pan and over with more apple slices
Cook for about 30 mintues at 180C



I've tried this recipe a few times and I have to say it is a firm favourite in my household. Be careful with the cooking time though - a word of advice from experience!

Heres an image of beautiful Villa Roma where our Roman cooking schools take place!




2 comments:

Friend said...

Love the pool. Looks a quality place.

Mirella Patzer said...

Ciao Oliver,

Thanks for leaving a comment on http://bestofitaly.blogspot.com. I'm equally as excited about your blog. I think I've just discovered a most precious gem which I will want to view time and time again. I've added your link to my blog and soon, I will likely write a brief post about my discovery of your blog.

Thanks for visiting! And thanks for keeping a beautiful, interesting blog.

Mirella Patzer
http://bestofitaly.blogspot.com