Tuesday 11 February 2014

A cooking holiday was the best healing present to myself ever!



Travel has the ability to change the way we see the world and ourselves. This is why we love to inspire and motivate people to discover new horizons and pursue their travel dreams through our holidays. Today we're excited to share an interview from our guest Freya about how a cooking holiday in Tuscany was the best healing present for her.

When did you go on a Flavours Holiday and where was it?
I went to Tuscany -villa Felciai-  in June 2013 for my birthday.  I arrived on 8th June  my birthday – what a treat to me! I was made so welcome and with a birthday candle on a cake!


Was it a cooking, painting or Pilates holiday and why did you choose it?
It was a cookery holiday.  I always wanted to go to ITALY to learn ..my brother had died tragically in Sept 2012  – and he  had always said – go do it... so I did for ME and in memory of him....– the best healing present to myself ever. 

What is your best memory?
How can you choose one best memory – it was ALL so memorable – Sunshine the chef, Simonetta the wonderful open hearted  and warm hostess, and the  spectacular location at Villa Felciai. That was such a spiritual sanctuary. NOTHING was ever too much trouble for them. I carry it all in my heart.


What did you enjoyed the most? 
I actually enjoyed cooking!  At home I do because I have to!  I came to realise that it was creative and FUN and not a chore!  I came back to UK cooking from my heart and not my head! – and my friends love eating with me now.

If you are inspired by Frey's cooking holiday experience, why not pursue your own travel dreams in Tuscany with Flavours cooking holidays?  

No comments: