Thursday 21 November 2013

How a painting holiday inspired me to kickstart my career as an artist!

Today we are delighted to be interviewing Yvonne Jones, a talented artist who got inspired to kickstart her career after joining our painting holidays. Since 2010, Yvonne has been in four painting holidays in Tuscany and Sicily and is now a professional artist. Read what Yvonne has to say about her painting holiday experiences:

I first heard about Flavours through a facebook advert. I have been sketching since I was 3 or 4 years old. I gave up art for many years and only took it up again 5 years ago.  I decided then that I wanted to go on an organised painting holiday. My first trip in 2010 is still the best holiday I have ever had, so I went back again trying to recapture that experience.
My best memory is my first Flavours holiday. It was perfect. A group of 8 painters at Villa Barcarelli, which was a beautiful house and very comfortable.  Everything there was perfect for a group of our size and everything we needed was laid on. The group all bonded immediately and I am still in touch with everyone.
I loved the food and the art classes the most. Marco was a fantastic chef and Catherine was a great art teacher and helped rekindle my love of art.
I am now a professional artist, and first exhibited my artwork at Oxfordshire Artweeks an annual art festival which runs every May for a whole month all over Oxfordshire.  I have exhibited in Oxfordshire where I live, and around the UK at several art exhibitions since May including an international art exhibition in Chelsea 17-19 October 2013, attended by artists from all over the world.
I have an exhibition currently running in Oxford until 25 January 2014 and have appeared in the local press in connection with my art exhibitions. I have a facebook page and a website and am starting to build a following in the art world. I have already got several art exhibitions arranged for next year and hope to start teaching art soon.
Flavours gave me the inspiration to kickstart my career as an artist which has always been my lifelong dream.  I quit my job as a Legal Secretary to focus more time on painting and exhibiting my artwork.

If you would like to know more about Yvonne Jones and her work visit her facebook page and website.

No comments: