Tuesday 28 January 2014

Happy RE-New Year!! Out with the Old, In with RE-New!!

re - a prefix, occurring originally in loanwords from Latin, used with the meaning "again" or "again and again" to indicate repetition. (dictionary.com)

Re-solve, re-discover, re-vise, re-invigorate, re-infuse, re-lease, re-vive, re-create, re-view, re-start, re-do, re-flect, re-visit, re-invent…
Where do you want to go on 2014?

The "new" year is just beginning! Lose weight, exercise more, spend less, clean out the (fill in the blank), eat healthier, take a class and learn how to (fill in the blank), start (fill in the blank), quit (fill in the blank), and, of course, take that long-awaited and long-anticipated trip to (fill in the blank)… Ah, the ubiquitous New Year's Resolutions! Make 'em, break 'em! Re-make ‘em...again... Sound familiar?

Yeah, me, too! For years I dutifully wrote my
re-solutions down with a determined new found re-solve! Then I realized that most of them sounded oddly familiar...because they were re-peated from the prior year!

Well, I don’t know about you, but travel is and has always been on my list. And, about 7 years ago, I got sick and tired of just “having it on my list” and decided to do something about it! I de-cided that nothing was going to keep me from traveling again…and I do mean nothing! I was determined to go to go back to Italy and I did and that trip not only re-ignited my re-solve and deep seated love of travel, but was the beginning of many other wonderful travels.
Dream! Plan! Go!

So, I ask you: Where have you always dreamed of going? Make a list - start with your top 5 choices. Dream BIG for heaven's sake! Maybe you want to return to a favorite place? Explore a new one? Maybe there’s something or somewhere that has been on your "list" for a very long time...maybe too long? Re-solve now not to be deterred, to put an action plan in place, to not only re-kindle those dreams, but embrace new ones! Then, take action. Look up those destina-tions online, go to their websites and blogs, get brochures, listen to the music, watch movies and travelogues…Immerse yourself and see yourself there enjoying, exploring, and living your dream!

You can probably guess what's on the top of my travel list...okay, Italy Italy Italy…not only be-cause I am Italian but because I absolutely love everything Italiano…the food, the art, the his-tory, the language, the people…for me, it is my heart’s home and I simply can’t get enough of it… 

La dolce vita awaits you!
Although 2013 was a bit of a roller coaster for me, another dream trip to Italy this spring has been on the calendar and in the works for almost a year. Not only did I take a huge leap and am organizing small group tours but I am also stepping out of my comfort zone and will include some solo travel as well. Scary wonderful but just making the decision has opened up so many doors and possibilities I wouldn’t have every dreamed of…and I tell you this because there’s no magic in it - it’s all about desire and, yes, re-solve. And it’s all there for YOU, too!

Re-solve to follow your travel dreams!

And re-member, planning doesn’t need to be a daunting, overwhelming task - there are so many professional tour companies who have done all the legwork and organized fabulous trips for you!

An obvious choice is right here with Flavours Holidays. Want an intimate, small group experi-ence? Not ready for solo travel? Want to explore your culinary or artistic side or just wander the cobblestone streets and soak it all in? Perfect. You can do it all with Flavours! So make that list and share it with me, won't you? Let’s dust off our dreams, pack our bags and GO!!! Next year this time, I want us to be sharing photos and stories about those travel dreams that came true in 2014! You never know who you will inspire…so dream, plan, go! La dolce vita awaits!

Author bio:
Victoria De Maio, Postcards from Travel PiZazz

La dolce vita for me! My name is Victoria De Maio, and I am a passionate lover of all things Italian. As a travel consultant, blogger and writer, I am dedicated to providing no-nonsense, practical travel tips and insights - with a light-hearted twist. I specialize in helping people plan and take that next fabulous vacation.

Please join me at http://PostcardsfromTravelPiZazz.com and watch for Postcards from La Dolce Vita where you can join me on my travels in Italy this spring. You’ll also find me on Italian Notebook, Facebook (Postcards fromTravel PiZazz), Pinterest and Twitter (@LaDolceVita4Me ), about.com and Google+.

1 comment:

printable map of france said...

My husband and I visited Italy a few years ago.We found that when we went off the beaten path, was when we were the most awestruck. Such an incredible country!